Exploring Body Trust® for Providers
We are living in a time of great uncertainty, and there are some things that are certain - your body is your home. You are in a relationship with your body. That relationship is the only relationship that will be with you your whole life.
What do you want it to look like? Feel like? How do you want to relate to your body?
Your body holds your stories. There is deep knowing and wisdom right there in your own body.
Exploring Body Trust® for Providers is a 14 week online course, led by therapist Amber Rice and nutrition therapist Virginia Newman. It begins on August 3rd and will run weekly on Tuesdays from 6:00-7:30pm. We will explore the concept of body trust, what engaging a body trust path looks like, and meet in a community of other healthcare providers who are committed to knowing this path, and leaving body hatred, weight stigma, diet culture and healthism behind, and who are hoping for more tools on how to support clients in doing the same.
To Learn more about Body Trust® visit Be Nourished.
Our intention is to build a larger and stronger community of people committed to doing this work. To support that, we are also providing an ongoing community process group offered every other week on Sundays from 4-5pm. That group is there for connection and support with other people doing this liberatory work.
To hear more about this course, please check out this video.
This course might be for you if:
- You are a provider working with people's bodies (therapist, dietitian, doctor, recovery coach, fitness trainer, doula, midwife, nurse; if you are unsure reach out and ask us!)
- You are interested in learning more about the Body Trust® model of healing. Maybe you’ve heard of weight stigma, diet culture, fat phobia; You’ve tried Intuitive Eating and want something more. You want a deeper understanding of what it looks like in your own life to have a different less antagonistic relationship with food and your body.
- You are longing for more community. You feel alone as a provider in this work, and you want a community of more providers who ‘get it’ where you can feel safe to explore and go deeper into your own process.
- You are not sure what going forward looks like, but you know that you can’t go back to dieting and body hatred. You are longing for something different, something gentler and more compassionate.
- You want to be more supportive of clients who are struggling with food and body but you don’t know how to do that. Clients who are exploring a health at every size approach, clients who have deep body shame, clients whose bodies are different than your own and you notice that impacts you in sessions.
- You are stuck stuck in your own process of body and food relational peace. You feel alone, and feel shame about struggling yourself. You are wanting to deepen into your own process in a safe and accepting space.
This course might not be for you if:
- You are interested in learning how to lose weight. We understand the systemic oppression on bodies in this culture, and we understand weight loss may be a desire related to our socialization under these systems. However, this class is for people committed to dismantling body oppression within themselves and for others.
- You are interested in getting one on one mental health therapy or nutrition therapy. Amber and Virginia are guides throughout this process, however are not available for one on one therapy. Working on your relationship with your body and food has the potential to bring up our wounds, and it may feel beneficial to you to have therapeutic support outside of this group.
- Standard Plus - Info below!$549$5490$0
- Standard - Info below!$449$4490$0
- Equity - Info below!$299$2990$0